Directions from Calgary
• Take the TransCanada Highway west to Banff.
• After you reach the Banff National Park Gates, it will be another 15 minute drive (15km).
• Take the First Banff Exit.
• Turn left at the stop sign (onto Banff Ave).
• The Banff Ptarmigan Inn is approx 5 minute (1.3km) from the exit.
• You will find the Banff Ptarmigan Inn on your right.
• Feel free to pull up out front and check in, or enter into the underground parkade and follow the signs to the front desk.
Banff Ptarmigan Inn
337 Banff Ave
1 (800) 661-8310 (toll free North America)
1 (403) 762-2207 (local)
The Meatball Pizza & Pasta
337 Banff Ave
1 (403) 762-3667 (local)
Entry Fees to the National Parks of Canada
All visitors to Banff National Park require a National Park entry pass to offset the costs of the Parks facilities and services. These facilities and services include: picnic areas, scenic lookouts, washrooms, trails and roads as well as friendly and helpful staff at visitor centres, and day-use areas.
Looking to get to Banff from Calgary and not rent a car? Take an airport shuttle.
There are a few companies that have frequent transfers between Banff and the Calgary International Airport.
Brewster Banff Airport Express
Calgary to Banff from $72
Sit back, relax and enjoy express service from the Calgary International Airport to Banff with Brewster Banff Airport Express. With frequent departures, large viewing windows and a flexible 90-min cancellation policy, there’s no better way to access the incredible adventures of Banff National Park.
Save 15% on round-trip bookings
- Door to door service
- Green way to travel
- Professional service
- Modern, clean transportation