Directions from Calgary
• Take the TransCanada Highway west to Banff.
• After you reach the Banff National Park Gates, it will be another 15 minute drive (15km).
• Take the First Banff Exit.
• Turn left at the stop sign (onto Banff Ave).
• The Banff Ptarmigan Inn is approx 5 minute (1.3km) from the exit.
• You will find the Banff Ptarmigan Inn on your right.
• Feel free to pull up out front and check in, or enter into the underground parkade and follow the signs to the front desk.
Map of Banff
Banff Ptarmigan Inn
337 Banff Ave
1 (800) 661-8310 (toll free North America)
1 (403) 762-2207 (local)
The Meatball Pizza & Pasta
337 Banff Ave
1 (403) 762-3667 (local)
Entry Fees to the National Parks of Canada
All visitors to Banff National Park require a National Park entry pass to offset the costs of the Parks facilities and services. These facilities and services include: picnic areas, scenic lookouts, washrooms, trails and roads as well as friendly and helpful staff at visitor centres, and day-use areas.
Looking to get to Banff from Calgary and not rent a car? Take an airport shuttle.
There are a few companies that have frequent transfers between Banff and the Calgary International Airport.
Brewster Banff Airport Express
Calgary to Banff from $69
Sit back, relax and enjoy express service from the Calgary International Airport to Banff with Brewster Banff Airport Express. With frequent departures, large viewing windows and a flexible 90-min cancellation policy, there’s no better way to access the incredible adventures of Banff National Park.
Save 15% on round-trip bookings
- Door to door service
- Green way to travel
- Professional service
- Modern, clean transportation